Friday, October 25, 2013

NTUC Enhance Incomeshield Plan

When I decided to upgrade my Incomeshield Plan B to NTUC Enhance Incomeshield Plan - Preferred in 1 April 2009, I received a letter as follow

It is hereby agreed and declared that with effect from 01-04-2009, the following provision shall apply to this policy

For plicy number : 90xxxxxx, the benefits under Incomeshield and Incomeshield Plus Rider shall not be operative in the event of a claim for costs of treatment, medical advice, hospitalisation, relating to and/or arising out of

DISORDER OF THE HEART

AND ALL ILLNESSES/CONDITIONS CAUSED THERBY AND/OR RELATED THERETO, INCLUDING THE CONSEQUENCES OF TREATMENT

THE ABOVE EXCLUSION, IF PREVIOUSLY COVERED, WILL CONTINUE TO BE COVERED UNDER PLAN BSG

All other terms and conditions remain unchanged.

Countersigned by : _______________    _______________
                             Authorised Officer       Tan Sue Chieh
                                                                Chief Executive

When received this letter, I was disappointed and also feeling unfair. Disappointed as the National heart centre that diagnose I have Mitral Valve prolapse trivial had discharged me with no follow-up check-up or appointment needed. No treatment required then why should NTUC income exclude the heart condition in my policy?
Unfair - I am paying the same premium as other policy insurer but cover less, then why should I pay same but get less?

This year I go for medical check-up and the result is very good. So I decide to appeal for my incomeshield with my medical report and wait for their reply.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Was the appeal successful ?

KC said...

Yes the appeal is successful with another medical checkup.

Unknown said...

Hi KC, good to hear this. Could u share with me who and where you sent the appeal to? I asked my agent and the agent conveniently shrugged me off.

KC said...

You may want to call the company and indicate what are the additional medical check require. Then they will send the form to you to fill in and the necessary follow-up.