Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cash Converters

This afternoon brought 8 old computer games with package, 3 black waist pouch and few soft toys to Jurong East Cash Converters there to exchange for some cash. Guess how much they worth ? 1 PC game with CD only worth $1, the black waist bag only $0.50 and the soft toys is worthless. Overall the shop gave me $10 just enough for me to cut my hair.

I always remind my family members not to buy things due to temptation, cheap or group pressure (see alot of people buying they also wanted to buy and feel that if they do not buy will lose out). All the things that they buy may not be useful or use in the home. It may just put there to collect dust. In the end, most of them are throw away. Luckily there is a cash converters shop around to re-cycle the unused things. The PC games, my brother-in-law bought alot of flight simulation, city siam 2000, theme park simulation, all of them are new and the packages not open, but he does not play due to too time consuming and gave it to me. I also not interested in the game and put aside for 2 years to collect dust. The waist pouch and soft toys are bought by mum and sisters during the Sales due to cheap, cheap and cheap but in the end also not used for 1 year. Worst now the soft toy cannot recycle, need to thing of a way to dispose them.

No comments: