Saturday, December 23, 2006

Friday Dinner at Robertson Quay


Met my friends, Steven and Wee Beng at Clarke Quay in the evening 6pm. Steven suggest to eat the best ramen at Robertson Quay which he has read in forum. So we walk quite far from Clarke Quay to Robertson Quay to look for the restaurant. It is at 60 Robertson Quay, #01-13 and the restaurant name is Netsuretsu Ichiban-Tei. It's a relatively authentic low-cost (relative to Japanese food) Japanese family restaurant, with ramen obviously being a key fixture as a result. In fact, their logo seems to suggest that they specialize in tan tan ramen, which I didn't try this time. Three of us order the tonkotsu ramen, it was relatively creamy and rich, with ingredients done just right, like the egg, noodles and the chasiu.

After the dinner we went to Liang Court, Meidi-ya Supermarket. I cannot believe that the apple is sell at a price of $18++.,just because it stated there from Japan. In that case with my salary earn in Singapore, I am not able to survive in Japan. My friend told me that he saw one honey dew sold $100 in the supermarket. Later we discover that there are package of sushi sold only $7.80 reduced from $9.80. Maybe it is 8pm and they discount and sold it. So Steven bought one and 3 of us found a place to enjoy the sushi. It was one of the best sushi that I ever eat. Maybe is the raw are all original from Japan, the chef will use all these raw to cook to sushi. I will strongly recommend all sushi lover to buy it from this supermarket.

After the sushi, we went to Clarke Quay to watch the Brazil dance in the open space. There also has free Guinness beer to drink. On 22 to 24 and 29 to 31 Dec, they even provide free transport to send people from Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Zouk, Orchard Emarald to City Hall MRT from 9pm to 1am. At 1am to 4am free transport will send to various MRT station, to me means get home free with the transport.

No comments: