Friday, December 13, 2013

New POSB ATM Card unable to Deposit Cash in ATM Machine

The edge of my old POST ATM card was chipped off and decided to change a new one. This ATM card has been followed me for more than 10 years and it is still functioning well



The changing process in the POSB branch was smooth and fast. The document needed is the NRIC.

















I am able to use the card immediately eg withdrawal of cash, top-up ezlink card etc.
However today I intended to deposit cash with the card, after keying my pin number and selected the account number, the ATM machine just hanged there for 2 to 3 mins and later a message appear in the screen, transaction cancelled. Have tried 3 times and result is the same. Then there is a lady using the passbook to deposit cash and the machine able to function well.

Suspect the card problem and proceed to the counter staff to feedback my problem. The counter staff call their IT department and confirm that there is no error in the ATM side and she has also physically see the machine hanged there after I selected the account. She change another new ATM card for me and I try, again it hanged there.

Later she used her own ATM card and the system also hanged there.

It is quite confirmed that there is a technical fault in the ATM machine card reader that link to the backend system. Will try to use other ATM deposit machine to confirm that is no the new card  that causes the problem.




No comments: